Thursday, June 18, 2009

Suryakshetra 102 Maheswaram


SURYAKSHETRA –102
Dr P V Sesha Sai
E-Mails:
shodasisai@rediffmail.com, shodasisai@yahoo.com, shodasisai@hotmail.com,
Phones: 91-40- 27661613, 55581368 Cell: 94404 22613
21st August 2005

What this little man speaks…
It is surely a long gap. I could not write anything about the HOLY MOUNT KAILASH AND MANASAROVAR so far. This gap period was that we were at the Holy Mount and returned back and later visited Puttaparthi etc places in the context of THE PROPOSED ASWAMEDHA YAGNA. I am trying my best to make out a detailed history of incidents that DESERVE to be brought to your notice. In the meantime for the past three days I was on my tour to SRISAILAM. Most of you perhaps seen this Holy and Jyothirlinga Stan. It is not only Jyothirlinga but this place is unique due to the conjunction of one of the ASTADASA SAKTI PEETHAMS.

The thirstiness to invent new and discover THE UNKNOWN DIVINITY IN THE COUNTRY, my vehicle took a turn to MAHESWARAM – a place just 30 kilometers from Hyderabad on the way to Srisailam, but additional 6 kilometers to the west. It is SIMPLY AN AMRITSAR OF THE SOUTH in one word. The details of the origin of the temple is no where seen but then according to the history, the temple was RENOVATED BY THE then the MINISTERS OF GOLCONDA – AKKANNA AND MAADANNA. Later during the time of AURANGAJEB the temple was destructed. The ruins are now again taken to a shape. The temple is in the name of SRI SHIVA GANGA RAAJA RAJESWARI LORDS. The temple is in the midst of a temple tank surrounded by eight Shiva temples on the top of the bank of the tank. The beauty of the construction of the tank has to be experienced than for description. Government has done nothing for it, it appears, but then the local people are trying their best to renovate and bring the temple the PAST GLORY AND MAJESTY. Another important thing, which I noticed in this temple is that, Lord Shiva is on the top of the temple when Goddess in the ground floor. Please make sure to visit this most ancient temple during your next trip to Srisailam or exclusively for this purpose.

On my way back to Hyderabad from Srisailam, immediately after crossing the Ghat section of the Forest, the wheels of my vehicle took a turn and in the Southern side, they lead me to a hill and again a different Ghat Section where I was granted permission by LORD UMAMAHESWARA to take his blessings. The temple is on the hilltop and very comfortable road is laid upto the temple. I found Paapa Nasanam – in the name of NARIKELA TEERTHAM. There are innumerable caves in the area, which speak that great people in the past meditated to attain DIVINITY. Every stone in the area speaks the ancient history of the temple. The water falls and the comfortable atmosphere makes any one to relax and rejuvenate the strength. Though it is interior to the main road just about 10/15 kilometers, it is surely a place worth visiting.

I was quite impatient to keep silent on these important temples, therefore soon after returning back I started giving you this description with a view that you will enjoy the NEWS.

I just returned from my Sri Sailam trip after taking the blessings of the Holy Lords for the proposed Sri Aswamedha Yaagam in the month of December.

I AM ABOUT TO LEAVE FOR JAGGAIHPET IN KRISHNA DISTRICT WHERE I DESIRE TO OFFER 1000 MODAKS TO LORD GANESH. I will be at Hyderabad on 23rd.

I shall be back again soon…HARA HARA MAHADEVA DR P V SESHA SAI

No comments: